You may be wondering what it is like to engage in therapy and whether or not it is for you. When working with people with anxiety, depression, stress and other emotional difficulties, my approach is to encourage you to talk about yourself, your life, childhood and significant relationships and to explore with you how your problems have arisen, what they mean in the context of day-to-day life, and to give you space and time to think about what your problems mean.
How does this help you?
Sometimes it is hard to figure out what things are about on in thinking about them your own or through talking to friends and family, but discussing your problems with someone professionally trained to listen can and does enable you to view things in a different light. This enables you to gain an insight into yourself which in turn leads to the discovery of answers and an awareness that previously were hidden. We address issues as they arise, always in a kindly, brave and careful spirit. All this often takes time and we take a pace that suits you.
- Anger and rage - power battles at home and at work
- Confusion and lack of direction - a sense that life is in control and not the other way around
- Illness and pain - often involving a sense of loss of self
- Loneliness - feeling you don't fit in with society's norms
- Compulsions - the shame of feeling out of control
- Anxiety and depression - feeling out-of-sorts with low mood and low energy
Penny Cole Counselling is a professional private Counselling & Psychotherapy Service situated in Odiham, close to Hook, Basingstoke, Hartley Wintney, Hook, Fleet, Aldershot, Yateley & Farnborough.