Counselling and Psychotherapy in Kington ~ close to Eardisley, Presteigne, Weobley and Leominster
"What is the bravest thing you've ever said?" asked the boy. "Help", said the horse.
Charlie Mackesy The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse
Hello and thank you for showing an interest in my webpage. My name is Penny Cole and I am a UKCP registered, qualified and experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor offering counselling and psychotherapy in Kington, Herefordshire, close to Eardisley, Presteigne and Leominster and a short drive from Knighton, Hay-on-Wye, Almeley, Lyonshall and Weobley.
If you have never tried talking therapy, it may help you to know that our work together lasts as long as you want it to - I accommodate your needs within a framework that we agree. This can be short term counselling (usually 6 to 12 weeks) for focused work dealing with a specific issue, or if you have been disturbed by a recent event, or are new to therapy.
Where a problem has been troubling you for some time, leaving you with a nagging sense that something is not right, but you don't know what it is, or you are stuck in a repetitive cycle of over-thinking or persistent worry, I offer open-ended therapy, using integrative psychotherapy which draws on a number of therapeutic styles and ideas. My aim is to help you understand yourself better by getting to the root of the problem to resolve it at a deeper level, thereby giving you release from painful, destructive or repetitive ideas.
My clients have been helped with difficulties such as:
- Stress - feelings of being overwhelmed and despairing
- Aging - the losses and regrets that come with advancing years
- Sexual identity - the confusion, shame and fears associated with feeling uncomfortable in your body
- Sexual abuse - working through feelings associated with betrayal and misuse of power
- Loneliness - following relationship breakdown or associated with an inability to fit in with social norms
- Compulsions - such as over-spending, pornography or over-eating
- Anxiety and depression - following rejection, ill-health or work-place problems
My room is on the first floor of the Medical Centre at Kington, and the address is Eardisley Road, Kington HR5 3AE. There is free parking outside the Medical Centre.
Find out More...